The RTuna Store

Official Rtuna T-Shirt !
Why not buy yourself a Rtuna T-shirt to show off to your mates
£10
Other Merchandise Here

Member statistics
Newest User: Colin69

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 1 minute)
Most users ever online was 58 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:15 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

No birthdays today

The RTuna Store

Biketek Yamaha Garage Mat and Doormat Set
£44.99

Rtuna has a range of gift ideas for you or your bike !
More gift ideas here

Board help
The team
Delete all board cookies
All times are UTC

Biketuna

This site is powered by www.biketuna.co.uk:

Performance motorbike parts and accessories

Charity Raffle

All other stuff you want to share with the rest of us

Charity Raffle

Postby 2002r1jon » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:58 am

Guys and Girls,here we have a charity raffle(this is being run an another forum,but for a great cause) ,its for a genuinely good cause,all proceeds will go to the charity(Ward e38 at the Queens Med,Notts)(Edited,my mistake) link coming soon

This idea came up a few months ago,as one of the forum Members(Mark(Masho)) Grandson is being treated for Cancer

Oliver has just turned 6 on the 12of June.The cancer is called rhabdomyosarcoma and he has been having treatment for 13months chemo ,radiotherapy,8 hour op to remove tumour at present he is on what is called maintenance chemo which is every three weeks for the next couple of months then it is fingers crossed for the next five years if it comes back they can't do anything for him.
Oliver is the cool one wearing the cap,the Bald uncool one is his grandad,Mark(Masho) :D

If your anything like me,this story will tug at your heart strings,no one deserves to have a disease like this especially some one so young and innocent

Tickets are £10 each,prizes are the following

BSB Review Book(Donated by Pirelli)
Pirelli Podium Cap(not available to be bought i believe)(Donated by Pirelli)
Voucher for a free set of brake lines for an R1 or R6(Donated by Goodridge)
Family ticket for a club meeting at rockingham(Donated by Rockingham Race Circuit)
I have an agreement from MSV also(hopefully a free trackday) that i just need to confirm(still awaiting a reply from MSV)
4 x Nick Sanders DVD's (donated by Nick Sanders himself - http://nicksanders.com/cms/ )
A pair of RST Track Tech Evo gloves, any size, any colour kindly donated by Essex Bikers Centre
Second is a forum Beanie donated by Bub himself
A "BikeTech" KitBag,kindly donated by Rtuna :thumbsup
More prizes to be added

If you would like a ticket,please send me your money(£10 a ticket) to 2002r1jon@yamahar.co.uk paypal account and please put in a note stating that its for the Raffle,your real name and forum name(otherwise we may get confused and think its a donation),and PM me also,then i can reply with your raffle ticket number(s)

Mark will be able to pick out the winners,i will post up a closing date for this in the next week

Thanks boys n girls,remember this is for charity and a very worthy cause,lets all chip in and make the forums donation a big one :D

It has also been mentioned that we may even do a mass ride to the hospital for when Oliver is there,but we need to confirm this with Mark first(just letting peeps know,so we maybe could get a good number of us together to show our support)

EDIT**Just got this msg off Mark,if you read this you will note that there could be one of two causes that the monies will go to,but both for the same outcome really
"Jon its ward e38 at the queens med which is the childrens cancer ward I will contact them for a link or the Lewis Mighty fund which was my brothers 7 year old son who died on the same ward last year again I will get a link for you money is still being raised in his name which goes to families going through this sh!t to help them get a break away from chemo with there children a very worth while cause."

I hope Rtuna and YamahaR.co.uk can join together to help out as many young ones as possible

Many Thanks

Jon
Rtuna.co.uk requires you to register to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 2002r1jon on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002r1jon

2002 Yamaha R1 5PW (02-03)

Re: Charity Raffle

Postby 2002r1jon » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 pm

The winning ticket Number for the Rockingham family ticket is 24 :thumbsup

More draws over the next few weeks !biggrin
2002r1jon

Postby 2002r1jon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 pm

All prizes will be drawn this coming Friday (02/08/13) @ around 20.00
For those that have bought tickets, good luck, and thankyou very much from Yamahar.co.uk for giving to such a worthy cause
Also a great big thankyou to Rtuna.co.uk for donating a prize,its much appreciated :thumbsup

For them that seem to have deeper pockets than the length of their arms, theres still time to buy tickets and donate towards this very worthy cause

Thanks
Jon
2002r1jon

Postby 2002r1jon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Sorry for the late draw(ive had family over from the states and been rather drunk of late :beersmilie:

Anyway,here we have the prizes,numbers and winners

BSB Review Book(Donated by Pirelli) http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/homepage.html Ticket number 18 Chinny
Pirelli Podium Cap(not available to be bought i believe)(Donated by Pirelli) http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/homepage.html
Ticket number 29 Scrappy

Voucher for a free set of brake lines for an R1 or R6(Donated by Goodridge) http://goodridge.brakes-hoses-fittings.co.uk/
Ticket number 36 J Harrison

Family ticket for a club meeting at rockingham(Donated by Rockingham Race Circuit) http://www.rockingham.co.uk/
Bub won by donating more than anyone else

I have an agreement from MSV also( a free trackday voucher up to £100)(Confirmed) http://www.msvtrackdays.com/
Ticket number 21 LukeThis was the prize i really wanted :(

4 x Nick Sanders DVD's (donated by Nick Sanders himself - http://nicksanders.com/cms/ )
Biker Britain Vid ticket numbers 42 & 39 2002r1jon & KBS69(im not bothered in this,so drew another ticket,number 31 Coddy)
Anatomy of an Adventurer Vid ticket numbers 37 & 34 K Redwood-Lee & K Radford

A pair of RST Track Tech Evo gloves, any size, any colour kindly donated by Essex Bikers Centre
Ticket number 20 2002r1jon (was gonna buy some new gloves this year at the motorbike show,so will gratefully take these)

Second is a forum Beanie donated by Bub himself
Ticket number 4 HardcoreDave

A "BikeTech" KitBag,kindly donated by Rtuna ;)
Ticket number 5 Bub

A Helmet paint job has been kindly donated by our member Steve600RR(http://www.blownawaycustoms.co.uk/Helmets/index.php),all he has asked is that the cost of the paint be covered by the winner,but all labour will be free
Ticket number 17 R1CH

So,congratulations to all who have won something,but a huuuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to everyone who bought tickets,we have raised £430(minus the cost of posting out the prizes) for the ward that looks after kids with cancer
:bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek: :bow: :geek:

Can everyone who has won something,can they PM me their address so we can get their prizes sent out ;)

Many thanks to Paul and Rtuna.co.uk for the donation of the kitbag,mucho appreciated Paul,thanks
2002r1jon

Postby Paul » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:53 am

Congratulations to all who won, huge thanks to all who paid to enter and raise such an impressive amount for a worthy cause, and top bananas to Jon who made it all possible!
This is my bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.
Paul
Site Admin

2000 Yamaha R1 5JJ (00-01)

Return to Off topic chat